PIPE FABRICATION CAPACITY & CAPABILITIES
Location: Kingston, Ontario. Our shop is less than 2km from Highway 401.
Shop Specifics: Universal is co-owner of a 50,000 square foot office and shop facility. Currently, we have access to 8,000 square feet for our own work, but that capacity could be increased if required.
Capacity: Currently up to 20,000 Man Hours annually, but expandable if required.
Work Force: Employee pool in this area has done extensive work at Dupont/Invista, Alcan/Novelis, Celanese, Goodyear and Ontario Hydro (both Oil and Nuclear), to name a few.
Recent Fabrication Work: Universal has recently performed design, fabrication and vessel work for such customers as Invista, Novelis, Goodyear, Strathcona Paper, Kingston Cogen, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Queen's University and many others.
Applications/Capabilities and Certifications:
Thank you very much in advance for your consideration, we look forward to further discussing potential opportunities with you.
- Mig, Tig, Stick, Brazing and Orbital.
- Recent experience with Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel 304L, 316L, 310L, 347L, and dissimilar metals applications (stainless to carbon) with inconel, monel, aluminum and titanium.
- Technical Standards & Safety Authority (TSSA) Certifications:
- Fabrication of welded & non-welded Category A,B,C,D,E,F and H type fittings.
- Repair and alteration of boilers, pressure vessels, piping and Category A,B,C,D,E,F and H type fittings.
- Fabrication, assembly and erection of process piping, nonflammable medical gas piping and power piping.
- CWB 47.1 accredited for structural applications.
- In-house development of customized welding procedures to suit any application.
- Quality Assurance (QA) and workplace health & safety manuals in place, and QA Supervisor in house on a full time basis.
- Radiography and non-destructive testing as needed.
- Significant experience working with Mechanical and Structural Engineers in the design and registration of custom fittings to suit the needs of customers.
- A reputation of excellence and the ability to develop customized solutions for any need on a continuous basis.